In 2022, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres brought together a group of 12 leading figures from the fields of politics, civil society, the private sector and academia to establish the High-Level Advisory Board on Effective Multilateralism (HLAB). This group was tasked with identifying concrete and actionable recommendations to support a step change in international cooperation to address shared global challenges, advance Agenda 2023 and achieve a more effective, interconnected and inclusive multilateral system.
President of Club de Madrid and member of the HLAB, Danilo Türk, will present the recently published HLAB report and engage in a panel discussion on its proposals from three different perspectives -public sector, private sector and civil society- followed by an open exchange with the audience.
- Welcome and introduction by Manuel Muñiz, Provost, IE University & María Elena Agüero, Secretary General, Club de Madrid
- Presentation of the report by Danilo Türk, President of Club de Madrid and President of Slovenia (2007-2012). Member of the High Level Advisory Board on Effective Multilateralism
- Panel on views and reactions to the HLAB from different sectors
- HLAB: Danilo Türk, President of Club de Madrid and President of Slovenia (2007-2012). Member of the High Level Advisory Board on Effective Multilateralism
- Civil Society: María Fernanda Espinosa, Co-Chair of the Coalition for the UN We Need (C4UN), Executive Director of GWL Voices, 73rd President of the United Nations General Assembly and Advisor of Club de Madrid – TBC
- Business: Antonio Vargas, Head Of Public Policy for Iberia, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Moderator: Ángel Alonso Arroba, Vice Dean of IE School of Politics, Economics & Global Affairs
- Closing remarks: Cecilia Robles, General Director for the United Nations, International Organisations and Human Rights, MAEC